MBBR Bio Media
Porous Polymer Carriers
Lamella Plate Clarifier
+86 158 6836 5820
Plastic Filter Tube Set Media for Water Filtration & Fish Pond RAS of Fish Farm
Structured filter media Bio Block
After years of research and development and
rich experience in polyethylene extrusion,
small boss company developed the
structured filter media Bio-Block. Bio-Block
has been widely used in small sewage
treatment projects in Europe, involving
domestic sewage, industrial wastewater
and aquaculture wastewater.
Packing Number：10*10 or customized
Efficient surface area:350m²/m³
Diameter of pipes:50mm
Free Sample: Yes
Custom Parameters: No problem
Packing: Stacked in containers
Features: Light weight,Non-toxic,Pollution-free,
Business Type: Factory
Industry Experience: 28 years
The structured filter media Bio Block is extruded from high-density polyethylene (HDPE) and welded to form a three-dimensional grid processing unit. The unique reticular tube structure on its surface provides a special culture medium for microorganisms. The surface of the Bio Block is relatively rough, which enhances the ability of bacteria in wastewater to grow on the carrier. These strains can widely treat and degrade organic impurities in wastewater. The surface of Bio Block is used as the culture medium of special strains, and its treatment ability depends on its specific surface area. The larger the specific surface area, the more bacterial population and the better treatment capacity.
|Use spray to degas CO2|
Specific surface area for biological activity
When bacteria (biological film or biofilm) grow on a level surface, the specific surface area will remain constant even with the establishment of a thicker biofilm. Bio-block, however, is designed as a helical structure, based on oval threads with a defined diameter. If these threads become thicker due to growth in the thickness of the biofilm, the specific biologically active surface increases correspondingly.
Nitrifying bacteria and denitrifying bacteria grow rapidly on the rough Bio-Block.
General requirements for biological filter media in order to achieve optimal treatment results:
1. The filter media should have a relatively rough surface in order to enhance rapid establishment of a biologically active surface (biofilm).
2. The filter media must have a structure that makes back wash and cleaning operations on site possible. Canals have to be vertical and through the entire media column.
3. The filter media must have a structure that ensures optimal oxygen transfer to the bio-film i.e. it must have sufficiently high porosity.
4. The filter media must never clog and it must have self-cleaning properties. The structure must allow shed biofilm fragments to pass unhindered throughout the filter.
5. The filter media modules should be constructed with circular or oval threads. Bacterial growth on a circular or oval surface increases the diameter, thus increasing the specific biologically active surface area.
(Please note! This is in opposition to media with flat surfaces on which the specific biologically active surface area is constant).
6. The filter media has to be biologically and chemically non-degradable.
7. The filter media must be self-supporting and mechanically strong. It must be able to carry overlying material and personnel should be able to walk freely and perform service tasks without deformation of the media.
8. The filter media must be UV stable and it must tolerate potential variations in temperature.
9. The filter media should be made from an environmentally compatible material (i.e. no PVC compounds or glue).
10. The filter media must be modular and easy to handle. This will ease installation and potential temporary removal in order to perform service tasks below the filter.
11. The filter media
In biological wastewater treatment, it has unique flexibility, which can improve the capacity of treatment flow change and load. About 70% carbon dioxide can be removed and PH balance can be maintained by trickle filtration. The dissolved oxygen can be greatly increased to 5mg / L by water fall. It can also be used as solid bed packing instead of brush packing to culture biofilm and remove nitrite effectively.
In practical engineering application, the structured filter media Bio Block has modular design, easy installation, no support, and can be used in any pool type; high strength self-supporting system, lightweight and deformation free; mesh porous structure, to ensure full gas-liquid exchange, enhance dissolved oxygen content; self-cleaning, biofilm does not block. It is a new direction of packing selection.
Connect us buy now.